The following public hearings will take place at 6:00 PM in the Nantucket Town and County Building, 16 Broad Street, 2nd Floor Court Room, Nantucket, MA 02554 unless otherwise specified.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING: Please be advised that the Board of Selectmen will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, May 27 2009 at 6:00PM to review applications for the following committees:
· Airport Commission;
· Agricultural Commission;
· Beach Management Advisory Committee;
· Cable Television Advisory Committee;
· Capital Program Committee;
· Cemetery Commission Workgroup;
· Commission on Disability;
· Conservation Commission;
· Human Services Grant Review Committee;
· Council for Human Services;
· Council on Aging;
· Cultural Council; and
· Finance Committee.
The hearing will be take place at the Nantucket Town and County Building, 16 Broad Street, 2nd Floor Court Room, Nantucket, MA 02554.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING: Please be advised that a public hearing will be held by the Nantucket Board of Selectmen on May 27, 2009 pursuant to the authority of Chapter 79 of Massachusetts General Law, or otherwise, to consider taking certain parcels of land for general municipal purposes, all rights of passage over such rights of way for public ways, or open space and recreational beach purposes as specified in Article 1 of the 2003 Special Town Meeting and Article 107 of the 2008 Annual Town Meeting. The private roads being considered are as follows:
- Waverly Street
- Mount Vernon Street
- Irving Street
- Clifford Street
All between Nobadeer Avenue and Nonantum Avenue
- Hawthorne Street
- Boulevarde (fka Central Avenue)
- Harriet Street (fka Prospect Street)
- Lovers Lane
All between Nobadeer Avenue and Atlantic Ocean
- Dunham Street (fka Madequecham Street)
- Myles Standish Street (fka Shimmo Street)
- Uncatena Street
- Woodbine Street
- Pequot Street
- Holly Street (fka Orange Street)
- Masquetuck Street
All between Nonantum Avenue and Atlantic Ocean
- Nonantum Avenue between Hawthorne Street and Waverly Street for open space purposes.
These properties consist of numerous parcels which are shown on maps on file with the Planning Board. To see a map of the area click here.
The public hearing will be in the Courtroom, Town & County Building, 16 Broad Street, Nantucket, MA, at 6:00 PM. Authority for said takings was approved by Warrant Article 1 of the 2003 Special Town Meeting and Warrant Article 107 of the 2008 Annual Town Meeting.