The Board of Selectmen is accepting applications for the newly established Our Island Home Long-Term Plan Work Group. Two seats are available for members at-large, to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Interested individuals may obtain a “Committee Interest Form” from the Town Administration office in Town Hall, 16 Broad Street, Nantucket, MA 02554. Applications are available online for General Committee Interest. Please submit completed applications by 4:00 PM on Friday, August 17, 2012.
Our Island Home Long-term Plan Work Group Information
Established by BOS on July 11, 2012
Appointed by: Board of Selectmen
1 member of Finance Committee
1 member of Board of Selectmen
Our Island Home Administrator
Sherburne Commons rep
Nantucket Cottage Hospital rep
Other staff assistance:
Human Services Director
Term: June 30, 2013
This temporary work group will:
1. Develop future options and recommendations regarding Our Island Home and associated town-operated senior citizen-related services, including Senior Day Care.
2. Create a timeline for the development of a report outline and final report for the Board of Selectmen, including what if any resources the work group may propose be acquired for completion of its work (ie, market studies, detailed financial analysis, surveys, etc).
3. Review reports, data, documents and other information that is on hand, including 2007 architectural plans and presentation to Board of Selectmen.
4. Review, discuss and make recommendations pertaining to Riverwood/Servant’s (to be delivered) status report to Board of Selectmen as to the Senior Day Care Program.
5. Discuss pros, cons, costs and revenues of current delivery systems of the local organizations that provide senior citizen-related services.
6. Review and discuss the Town’s lease with Sherburne Commons, in terms of long-term planning.