Road Safety Study
As a prerequisite to meeting funding criteria under the Federal Highway Administration’s Local and Rural Road Safety Program, a Road Safety Audit (RSA) was finalized on May 22, 2017 for the approximately six-mile long Milestone Road and Main Street corridor in Nantucket, Massachusetts extending from Old South Road on the west to Ocean Avenue on the east. During the RSA, members of the audit team discussed safety issues on a corridor-wide and intersection-by-intersection basis. This report documents the findings of the RSA and is intended to be used by planners, engineers, and local stakeholders to inform future design modifications.
- Commence date – Started and on-going
- Spring 2018 – MassDOT Preliminary Design Public Hearing (March 27, 2018)
- Before June 2018 – NP&EDC TIP Amendment to add this project to FFY 2019 Highway Program
- Before September 2018 – MassDOT to bid construction of this project
- Winter/Spring 2019 – start of construction of this project
- TBD – project completion