Boards, Commissions & Committees
Pursuant to Chapter 2 of the Acts of 2023, remote meeting provisions pertaining to the Open Meeting Law were extended until March 31, 2025. Specifically, this further extension allows public bodies to continue holding meetings remotely without a quorum of the public body physically present at a meeting location, and to provide "adequate, alternative" access to remote meetings. The language does not make any substantive changes to the Open Meeting Law other than extending the expiration date of the temporary provisions regarding remote meetings from March 31, 2023 to March 31, 2025. “Adequate, alternative means” may include, without limitation, providing public access through telephone, internet, or satellite enabled audio or video conferencing or any other technology that enables the public to clearly follow the proceedings of the public body in real time.
The Town of Nantucket will continue to provide remote access via Zoom video conferencing. The video conference will be shown on the Town of Nantucket YouTube channel. In-person meetings are allowed to continue. Please check meeting postings to see what meeting method (remote, in-person or hybrid) certain public bodies will use and to access Zoom and/or YouTube links to join or watch the meetings.
Public Participation Guidelines for ZOOM WEBINAR Meetings:
- Most regulatory boards/commissions/committees are using Zoom Webinar for meetings, which allows for the public to participate in the meeting as an attendee.
- Attendees MUST register to participate; the registration link is unique to meeting. The registration link can be found in the description of the Nantucket Government TV YouTube live feed for the meeting.
- People registering to be an attendee MUST use their full names; otherwise they will not be allowed to participate in discussion.
- Attendees will join in listening mode; they can click the raise hand button if they wish to speak.
- The Chair will call on those who have raised their hands in the order they were raised.
- The YouTube Chat will not be enabled.
- All questions should be directed through the Chair.
Members of public bodies will be following the Town’s Remote Participation Policy during meetings held in this format.
All Town of Nantucket committees, boards and commission meetings are available on the Nantucket Government TV YouTube page after they air live, on which viewers have the option to watch the meeting subtitled in any language. To add subtitles to a YouTube video:
- Go to the video.
- To turn captions on, click , located in the bottom righthand corner.
- To change the language of the subtitles, click the Settings icon at the bottom of the video screen (it is directly to the right of the icon).
- Click Subtitles/CC.
- Click Auto-translate.
- Select a language.
Thank you for seeking the mission statement of one of the Town of Nantucket boards, commissions, and committees. Please visit the links below to get more information on a particular group. If you do not see the information you want there, you may contact the current chair of the group you are interested in. You may also visit the Town Administration office where the mission statements are on file or send an email to view a scanned version of these pages.
Useful Documents to Apply to Boards, Commissions & Committees
- 2023 Committee Appointments - Round 3 Timeline - as of 9/8/2023
- Committee Handbook
- Code of Conduct Statement of Commitment
- Committee Guidelines
- Current Committee Membership
- Select Board-appointed Committee Vacancies
- Select Board Considerations for Committees
- Process for Recusing and Abstaining at Meetings
- Committee Appointment Process
- Committee Interest Form
- Finance Committee Application
- Incumbent Committee Application
- Committee Application for Appointment by Town Manager
- Conflict of Interest Law for Municipal Employees
- KP Law Executive Session Requirements
- Electronic Communication Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Discrimination, and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Open Meeting Law Guide
- Open Meeting Law Training Videos
- Public Information Policy
- Remote Participation Policy
- Special Municipal Employees
If you are looking for information on inactive boards, commissions or committees, visit the Town of Nantucket Digital Archives.