Operations During Covid-19 Pandemic
Offices closed to the general public. Please contact the department directly by either phone or email to make an appointment.
The Town of Nantucket seeks 50 highly qualified candidates for seasonal open water lifeguard positions at nine Town beaches for the 2021 season.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must be at least 16 years old. Should possess either a valid driver’s license or passport. Must have a current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificate and a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate that are valid through September 2021. Proof of a completed physical examination is required that demonstrates the satisfactory ability to perform the essential functions (adequate vision, hearing, acuity, physical ability and stamina) of the position. All applicants must be able to satisfactorily complete drug screening. If selected to join the team, a complete physical test will be required. This test includes: A 550-yard swim in 10 minutes or less using only front swimming strokes. A 1.5 mile run in under 15 minutes. A 100 yard run on the beach followed by a 100-yard swim in the surf followed by a 100 yard run on the beach in under 5 minutes.
Starting hourly salary $18.00 per hour. No benefits. 40 hours per week. Housing is provided on a limited first come first served basis. Rent payment required.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2021
- Transient dockage available for vessels under 30 feet for an hourly / daily rate.
- No sleeping aboard, first come, first serve basis and space is limited.
- We do not take reservations.
- Fresh water for boaters.
- Dumpster - only for in season for boaters.
- Recycling area available to use.
- Free bathroom / shower facilities for boaters.
- Free pump out service for boaters.
- Pay phones available for use.
- Weather reports released to patrons.
- Tide Charts available for review.