2020 Census Complete Count Committee
**The Committee is Seeking for a 2020 Census Complete Count Committee Administrator**
The Committee Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of goals, strategies, outreach, and other administrative tasks as defined by the 2020 Census Complete Count Committee (the Committee).
The Committee was formed by the Nantucket Planning and Economic Development Committee (NP&EDC) as part of an effort to educate the public to ensure that all residents, particularly those resident groups that have traditionally been undercounted, participate in the 2020 Census. The Committee Administrator will follow the direction of the Committee, through the Chairman, to complete outreach efforts leading up to the 2020 Census. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the organization of outreach efforts, social media, grant administration, reporting, minute taking and supervision of volunteers.
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, along with experience in community organizing, public relations, business administration, or a related field.
Hours Per Week: 20-25 hours per week;
Temporary Position starts upon hire and ends August 2020
Send cover letter and resume no later than Friday, November 22, 2019 to:
Director of Planning, Andrew Vorce
Planning & Land Use Services
2 Fairgrounds Road, Nantucket, Massachusetts, 02554
or via email to email@example.com
For more information regarding the position, contact Eleanor Antonietti by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Census Bureau research shows that a key motivator of a person’s response is knowing how many government dollars the Census guides to one’s own community. Focus groups suggest that encouraging response from trusted voices in the community may increase participation among people with the greatest distrust in government. The Committee will be focusing on ways to heighten such awareness across Nantucket’s geographic neighborhoods. The strategic goals are meaningful outreach and engagement of specific communities of year-round residents. The building and strengthening of social networks will provide an effective means of engaging Nantucket’s various country-of-origin communities to strengthen perceptions of tangible benefits to each community.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Andrew Vorce (Town of Nantucket Director of Planning)
- Peter Morrison (Co-President, Nantucket Civic League)
- Nancy Holmes (Town Clerk)
- Thomas Dixon (Legislative Liaison – Nantucket)
- Kelly Cooney (Director of ELL Services, Nantucket Public Schools)
- Kristie Ferrantella (Vice President, Chamber of Commerce)
- Rachel Day (Assistant Town Manager for Administration, Town of Nantucket)
- Margaretta Andrews (Executive Director, Community Foundation for Nantucket)
- Vatsady Sivongxay (Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition)
- Joel Rivera (Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition)
- Address Canvassing Operations Factsheet
- 2020 US Census Information
- Census 2020 Overview – Nantucket Counts!
- Census 2020 at a Glance
- Census 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
- How the Census 2020 Will Invite Everyone to Respond
- MIRA Census Letter
- Verify Census Workers in Your Area
- US Census Bureau website
- Why the Count Counts - MassBudget
- Article : “This chart shows how badly the census could still undercut people of color”