- Departments A-N
- Fire Department
The mission of Nantucket Fire Department is to protect the lives and property of the residents and visitors of the Town of Nantucket by providing the highest possible level of service through public education, fire prevention, emergency medical services, fire suppression, and mitigation of the effects of natural and man-made disasters consistent with available resources. We do this to promote, preserve and protect our quality of life and the unique character of our Island and the Town of Nantucket.
Nantucket Fire Department is unique in that it has risen to the challenge to protect the community that is rich in tradition and appeal to its residents and visitors. The department will continue this tradition through its highly skilled and diverse workforce, the employment of the latest technology as it pertains to emergency medicine, fire prevention and detection, fire suppression and mitigating natural and man-made disasters. This will be accomplished by demonstrating our needs in a professional and cost-effective way.
- To reduce the potential of death resulting from injuries to citizens, visitors, and firefighters.
- To reduce the Dollar loss from fire in the community.
- To reduce the risk to the community from natural and man-made disasters.
- To provide response times within nationally accepted standards.
- To support our personnel in developing their careers and professionalism.
- Strive to maintain a budget to support the goals of the organizations.
Nantucket Fire Department is a unique and proud public safety organization. Our values are grounded in the rich traditions and values of the Island and the Town of Nantucket:
- Dedication: we are dedicated to our community and Nantucket Fire - Rescue.
- Honesty: it is important that we are honest with one another and the people we serve.
- Loyalty: we are loyal to our badge, the department and each other.
- Professional: we are professionals that continually strive to maintain that distinction.
- Driven: we are constantly striving to improve our knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Caring: we care about our community, its residents, visitors, each other and the environment.
- Community Minded: we will do everything within our powers to support those within the community that may need help.