At its meeting on October 6, 2020, the Board of Health adopted Emergency Order No. 13.
At the beginning of its October 6, 2020 meeting, the Board of HealthThe Nantucket Board of Health rescinded Emergency Orders No. 1, No. 2, No. 5, No. 6, No. 7, No. 8 and No. 9 at its May 21, 2020 meeting. Emergency Order
s No. 3 was rescinded by the Board of Health with the adoption of Emergency Order No. 12 at its June 29, 2020 meeting.
Any permit applications that have been submitted to PLUS and approved are eligible for pick-up. We are also accepting and issuing new permits. Although our office remains closed to the public, we have a drop off and pick up system out front that seems to be working well. Please call 508-325-7587 to arrange to meet a staff person out front if needed.
For additional information on restrictions and guidelines on essential and non-essential services please refer to the Governor’s State of Emergency Orders.
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 4: Extension of Recreational Shellfish Licenses
Summary: It is Ordered by the Nantucket Select Board that all recreational shellfish licenses are extended until the State of Emergency is lifted and regular license sales resume. All 2020 licenses already sold are considered valid.
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 11
Summary: Nantucket Select Board and Nantucket Board of Health Order regarding outdoor dining at local restaurants effective Monday, Jun 8, 2020. At its February 11, 2021 meeting, the Board of Health extended Outdoor Dining until December 31, 2021.
- Emergency Order No. 11: Restaurants - Covid-19 Outdoor Dining (PDF)
- Orden de Emergencia No. 11: Comidas en el área exterior de restaurantes (PDF)
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 13
Summary: On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 the Board of Health issued an updated island-wide Emergency order for face covering.
- Emergency order No. 13 - Face Covering Island-Wide (PDF)
- Orden de Emergencia No. 13 - Cubierta facial en toda la Isla (PDF).
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 14
Summary: Requirements for Construction and Landscaping Sites effective November 13, 2020 at 7:00 am.
- Emergency order No. 14 - COVID-19 Requirements for Construction and Landscaping Sites (PDF)
- Orden de emergencia No. 14 - Requerimientos para prevenir COVID-19 en los rubros de construcción y jardinería (PDF)
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 15
Summary: On December 11, 2020, the Board of Health voted to establish a COVID Enforcement Task Force (CETF) to focus on enforcement and undertake special preventative measures.
- Emergency order No. 15 - COVID-19 Enforcement Task Force (PDF)
- Orden de emergencia No. 15 - Grupo Operativo de COVID-19 (PDF)
This page was last updated on February 22, 2021.