In order to view Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), and Invitations for Bids (IFB) online, you must register for each proposal you are interested in.
Your registration will give us the contact information to forward any addenda or additional information should they become available for that particular bid or proposal.
Unless otherwise noted, all bids and proposals should be submitted to:
37 Washington Street
Nantucket, MA 02554
Once you register, you will promptly be redirected to the bid or proposal you selected.
Bids and proposals posted on this website are for informational purposes.
Public Procurement in Massachusetts
Public procurement in Massachusetts is subject to the provisions of Chapter 30B – Uniform Procurement Act (https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleIII/Chapter30B). In general, Chapter 30B applies to the procurement of supplies and services, dispositions of surplus supplies, and the acquisition and disposition of real property. The contracting procedures in Chapter 30B are based on three premises:
- Uniform contracting procedures promote competition and fairness. Chapter 30B clarified and demystified local contracting for vendors competing for contracts and for citizens observing the process.
- Fair, robust competition for larger procurements saves money and promotes integrity and public confidence in government.
- Scaled procedures reflect that larger contracts merit more attention than smaller contracts and enable local governmental bodies to devote more attention to larger contracts.
There are exemptions to Chapter 30B contained in Appendix A of the Chapter 30B Manual. It is important to be familiar with Massachusetts procurement laws as the Town of Nantucket strictly adheres to all state procurement requirements. Please contact the Town’s Procurement Office or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of the Inspector General if you have questions.
- Chapter 30B: Massachusetts Uniform Procurement Act (1990)
- Easy-Reference Procurement Charts
- The Chapter 30B Manual: Procuring Supplies, Services and Real Property
This page was last updated on January 27, 2020.