Conditions of Employment and Application Process
Conditions of Employment
Each applicant must meet certain requirements before starting a job at the Town of Nantucket:
- During the new employee orientation, new hire needs to bring a proof of legal status (List of i-9 verification acceptable documents).
- CORI background check
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Full-time employees and all Our Island Home employees need to complete mandatory health evaluation.
- Some positions require a certain license. These requirements are listed in the job descriptions.
The Town of Nantucket accepts applications only in response to a current job posting. Applications that are submitted for which there are no current openings will be disregarded.
Please complete the following steps when applying:
- Complete the TON employment application in its entirety and email it to HR@nantucket-ma.gov. A completed job application is required in order to be considered for the position for which you are applying.
- Resume and cover letter are preferred, but not required.
- Please remember that a complete application must be made for each position for which you are applying.
- Be sure you have provided us with a telephone number and email address to contact you.
- Be sure to sign the last page of the application.
- A member of our team will confirm the receipt of your job application.
- When the employment opportunity posting closes, all complete applications will be reviewed. The screening process may take up to 30 days.
- Human resources will contact the candidates who will receive an interview by phone or email. The candidates who are not selected for the interview will receive regret letters.
The selected candidate will receive an offer letter via email. The offer is valid for five business days. The candidate must complete all conditions before reporting to work. The first day of employment is scheduled on the orientation dates (to find HR & Payroll Calendar with orientation dates, visit this page.) Every candidate needs to come to the HR Department located at 16 Broad St for orientation in order to complete the required HR and Payroll paperwork.