Conditions of Employment and Application Process
Conditions of Employment
Each applicant must meet certain requirements before starting a job at the Town of Nantucket:
- During the new employee orientation, new hire needs to bring a proof of legal status (List of i-9 verification acceptable documents).
- CORI background check
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Full-time employees and all Our Island Home employees need to complete mandatory health evaluation.
- Some positions require a certain license. These requirements are listed in the job descriptions.
The Town of Nantucket accepts applications only in response to a current job posting. Applications that are submitted for which there are no current openings will be disregarded.
Please complete the following steps when applying:
- Please visit GovernmentJobs.com to find the current opening and complete the online application. A completed online job application is required in order to be considered for the position for which you are applying.
- If you have technical issues with your online application, please do not contact HR. You should contact Government Jobs Customer Support directly at 877-204-4442.
- A resume and cover letter are preferred, but not required.
- Be sure you have provided us with a telephone number and email address to contact you.
- You will receive a confirmation email that we received your application.
- When the employment opportunity posting closes, all complete applications will be reviewed. The screening process may take up to 30 days.
- Human resources will contact the candidates who will receive an interview by email. The candidates who are not selected for the interview will receive regret letters.
The selected candidate will receive an offer letter via email. The offer is valid for five business days. The candidate must complete all conditions before reporting to work. The first day of employment is scheduled on the orientation dates (to find the HR & Payroll Calendar with orientation dates, visit this page.) Every candidate needs to come to the HR Department located at 16 Broad St for orientation in order to complete the required HR and Payroll paperwork.