Online Permits and Payments
The Town of Nantucket Beach Vehicle Permits allow for vehicle access at the following locations:
- 40th Pole
- Nobadeer Beach
- Smith’s Point, Madaket
- Point of Breakers/South Shore
- Low Beach/’Sconset
- This Permit does NOT include Great Point. Click here for information on purchasing an Oversand Vehicle Permit for Great Point and Coskata-Coatue: Great Point Permit
Beach Vehicle Permit Fees
Nantucket Vehicle Registration (Purchased after May 31, 2021): $100
Off-Island Vehicle Registration (Purchased after July 1, 2021): $150
Rental Vehicles: $200
How to Purchase a Beach Vehicle Permit?
- Please complete and submit the Beach Sticker Application below and include payment information so we can have the permit ready for you to pick-up at the Public Safety Facility, 4 Fairgrounds Road. The permit will be ready for pick-up after one full business day for processing. ONLINE ORDERS ARE LEFT IN THE VESTIBULE OF 4 FAIRGROUNDS ROAD FOR PICK-UP 24/7. Envelopes are filed in alphabetical order by last name but often get mixed up after a long day so check through your entire letter just to make sure you didn't miss it.
- ONLINE BEACH VEHICLE STICKER APPLICATION
- Permit Stickers must be placed on the front and back bumpers. Failure to display the Beach Sticker properly or driving on the beach with no sticker may result in fines up to $300. Please print or screen shot your receipt and keep with you for any time between purchase and delivery of the permit. The receipt will be accepted as proof of purchase in place of the sticker immediately following order.
- The Permits window is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm at 4 Fairground Road in the Public Safety Facility.
- PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU AT THE WINDOW:
- Complete Application (Also available to fill-out in the lobby): BEACH VEHICLE STICKER APPLICATION
- Car Registration
- Payment: Master/Card; Visa; Cash; Check Made Payable to Town of Nantucket.
Tips to Drive on the Beach
- Permit Stickers must be placed on the front and back bumpers. Failure to display the Beach Sticker properly or driving on the beach with no sticker may result in fines up to $300.
- All vehicles must be four-wheel drive, properly registered and operated by a licensed driver.
- All drivers must air down vehicle tires to 12-15 p.s.i.
- Please review complete list of Rules and Regulations for driving on Nantucket Beaches.
- Please review your vehicle Owners Manual for specific guidelines to driving on sand.
- For up to date information on Beach closures and restrictions due to protected species, please visit the Birds on Nantucket page.