The VIPS program provides support and resources to the Nantucket Police Department. Those who volunteer, help our department maximize resources by allowing officers to focus on other important matters. These needs include supplemental duties that sworn employees do not have the time or manpower to perform. This allows for our services to be most effective for the community.
For more information or if you have questions about the VIPs program, please contact Sergeant Kevin A. Marshall via email or 508-325-4100, ext. 5464.
All applications must be taken or mailed to the Nantucket Police Department:
4 Fairgrounds Road
Nantucket, MA 02554
Faxed and emailed forms will not be accepted.
- Must provide a minimum of 15 hours per month
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office based computer programs
- Answering telephone, direct, screen calls, taking and relaying messages
- Understand the rolls of all Full Time Officers including the “chain of command”
- Providing information to callers, greeting persons entering Nantucket Police Dept. and redirecting individuals to correct destination.
- Dealing with queries or requests from citizens
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to all levels of Officers.
- Ensuring that common areas in offices are equipped with required office supplies as appropriate.
- Scheduling appointments, organizing meetings, maintaining appointment diary either electronically or manually.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities
- Capacity to work independently with limited close supervision
- Having knowledge of the other town agencies and their roll on a daily basis.
- Any other roll the Administration deems necessary
- National Night Out
- Stuff a Cruiser
- Xmas Stroll Tree Decorations
- Project Smiles